Re: [cdt-dev] gdbserver

> I'll need to claim some ignorance here.  Someone else worked on the
> plugin, and suggested that I see if the community was interested.
>
> It's not an attempt to solve the big picture, but more an attempt to
> solve the little one (in the short term), of using gdbserver.

Agreed.

> The license is definitely CPL, though I don't think we made any attempts
> to change existing headers from CDT code we used as a starting point, so
> any QNX copyright notices may still be in tact.  :-)
>
> I've attached it as a compressed tarball, which is under 10k.
>
> The plugins deal less with the target than with the gdb tool being used.
>   There's a new "GDB Server Debugger" selection in the Debugger tab,
> when debugging an application.  It has places to enter host/port or
> serial device name, and the gdb executable.
>
> I hope it's useful.

Certainly, It can be a nice addition for the "April" release.
As long we understand it will be deprecated in the future, for example it
does not solve the problem of dowloading the application to the target and starting
gdbserver, those tasks are done outside the IDE.

I'll try to "squeese" this in before we go in freeze mode for April.
Unless someone is against.

Thanks for the code.

Back to the top