RE: [cdt-debug-dev] Debugging with Microsoft Windows debug API (w indbg/dbghelp)?

Also, it would be nice if we could get rid of the dependency on dbgeng (not
redistributable) all together and use dbghelp (is redistributable) directly.
That means implementing our own breakpoints and stepping algorithms, though,
at least as far as I can tell. As things stand, users would need to download
the Debugging Tools for Windows for complete debug support. That, and from
what I can tell, newer versions of Visual Studio don't use dbgeng any more.

And I think that's it for the chronicles of Windows debugging support with
Eclipse...

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems