[cdt-debug-dev] If actual number of stackframes is greater than 100, CDT does not append a dummy stackframe labelled "..." at the bottom

Hi All,

If the number of stackframes in a suspended thread is more than 100, CDT artificially limits the number of stackframes displayed to 100. This is dictated by the value of the constant CThread.MAX_STACK_DEPTH.

However, to indicate that there are more stackframes underlying than meets the eye, a dummy stack frame with the label "..." is appended to the bottom of the list of stackframes in the Debug view (Launch view).
This code seems to be broken in the new version of CThread.java. (see the code at the end of method CThread.computeStackFrames(boolean refreshChildren).

There does not seem to be any bug filed in this regard.
Please let me know if this is a valid bug, I will file it and also have the patch ready.

Thanks
Abeer
Tensilica - IDE

Back to the top