From: cdt-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:cdt-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of veenu khanna
Sent: 20 June 2007 15:18
To: cdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-debug-dev] Debugging session dies if

Hello,
Our projects can have space in its name and we create gdb log under the
project in eclipse.
We have extended LocalCDILaunchDelegate to provide our own launch and we
use createMIGDBSet class to create a -gdb-set command for logging

Path is escaped with "" by CDI (MICommand class ) if it contains space.
But GDB throws an error only if there is "" for a path with space.  See
GDB output for details.

Debugging session throws MIException
org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.MIException: set logging: No such file or
directory.
SEVERE  24-gdb-set logging on
"/home/eveekha/Eclipse/runtime-workspaces/europaRC_IMS/A
B/logs/default/gdb.log": set logging: No such file or directory.

I ran the -gdb-set command from the prompt and got the following
behaviour which means "" are not needed for -gdb-set eveekha/tmp> gdb
-i=mi
(gdb)
-gdb-set logging on
"/home/eveekha/Eclipse/runtime-workspaces/europaRC_IMS/A
B/logs/default/gdb.log"
&"set logging: No such file or directory.\n"
^error,msg="set logging: No such file or directory."
(gdb)
-gdb-set logging on
/home/eveekha/Eclipse/runtime-workspaces/europaRC_IMS/A
B/logs/default/gdb.log
~"warning: Current output protocol does not support redirection\n"
^done

I am using Eclipse Europa RC3, CDT4.0 and GDB6.6

Thanx
Veenu