[cdt-debug-dev] Debugging session dies if

Hello,
Our projects can have space in its name and we create gdb log under the project in eclipse.
We have extended LocalCDILaunchDelegate to provide our own launch and we use createMIGDBSet class to create a -gdb-set command for logging

Path is escaped with "" by CDI (MICommand class ) if it contains space.
But GDB throws an error only if there is "" for a path with space.  See GDB output for details.

Debugging session throws MIException
org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.MIException: set logging: No such file or directory.
SEVERE  24-gdb-set logging on "/home/eveekha/Eclipse/runtime-workspaces/europaRC_IMS/A B/logs/default/gdb.log": set logging: No such file or directory.

I ran the -gdb-set command from the prompt and got the following behaviour
which means "" are not needed for -gdb-set
eveekha/tmp> gdb -i=mi
(gdb)
-gdb-set logging on "/home/eveekha/Eclipse/runtime-workspaces/europaRC_IMS/A B/logs/default/gdb.log"
&"set logging: No such file or directory.\n"
^error,msg="set logging: No such file or directory."
(gdb)
-gdb-set logging on /home/eveekha/Eclipse/runtime-workspaces/europaRC_IMS/A B/logs/default/gdb.log
~"warning: Current output protocol does not support redirection\n"
^done

I am using Eclipse Europa RC3, CDT4.0 and GDB6.6

Thanx
Veenu

http://farechase.yahoo.com/

Back to the top