[cdt-debug-dev] Re: Using hardware breakpoints

Derek Morris wrote:
Hi,

I was investigating how to add hardware breakpoints to my debugger support in CDT. I notice that internally hardware breakpoints appear to be supported, but I can't see how to use them in the UI. Can anybody throw some light on this?

Thanks,

Derek,
Actually I may have answered too soon.
Hardware breakpoints are IC specific so most generic debuggers rely on software breakpoints. Software breakpoints work across all CPU's that belong to the same family and are easier to implement.
Ray

Back to the top