Re: [cdt-debug-dev] SIGTRAP on multithreaded remote debugging withgdbserver

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 10:31:52AM +0930, Patrick Noffke wrote:
> Just posting again -- can anyone please give me some suggestions of
> what to look for?  I'm happy to dig through the CDT source code if
> you can point me in the right direction.  Or if there is a more
> appropriate list to post to, please direct me there.  Others are
> apparently using gdbserver with multithreaded apps, so I'm guessing
> it's a problem with the way I'm using gdb or with how I've built my
> application.

Reproduce it in GDB without Eclipse, and ask on the GDB list; Eclipse
isn't directly involved in this.

> Process auth-daemon created; pid = 25456
> Listening on port 38000
> Remote debugging from host 127.0.0.1
> Cannot find new threads: capability not available
> Cannot find new threads: capability not available
> Cannot find new threads: capability not available
> Cannot find new threads: capability not available
> Cannot find new threads: capability not available
> Cannot find new threads: capability not available
> Cannot find new threads: capability not available

If you search for this error you may find some enlightening posts.
You didn't say what platform you were working on, that I remember,
but it looks like your GDB doesn't have support for the thread
library you're using.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery