Re: [cbi-dev] Tagging and Version Qualifiers

On 09/07/13 02:34 PM, David M Williams wrote:

Is there a script that checks if there are new commits available for
proper tagging of the Git repo or is the version qualifier entirely
based on last commit timestamp (and no longer a tag)?

[dw] No script. All handled by ... honestly, not sure off the top of my head, one of the tycho extra plugins or cbi plugins ... The version qualifier is entirely based on last commit timestamp (for bundles ... similar, but slightly different rules for features ... and, different for branding bundles, which always get "date of build") and, btw, "pom only" changes don't count.
I believe this is handled by the tycho-packaging-plugin in this section of the parent pom [1].

[1] http://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.releng.aggregator.git/tree/eclipse-platform-parent/pom.xml#n309

Back to the top