Re: [cbi-dev] Building and distributing the Eclipse IDE?

Hi Lars,

no,  I'm not aware of any regulation that prohibits building and distributing an Eclipse IDE, but I may be wrong.
Distributing it with the same name, e. g. Eclipse Classic or any other 'Eclipse' naming seems to be a different issue, at least to me.

Independent from the outcome of this discussion I would be really careful releasing self-compiled bundles with the same ID and version/qualifier into the wild.

Yoxos itself launches a given set of bundles. So far we never compiled them on our own machines, we always consumed what was already there.

Thanks, Markus