[cbi-dev] Building and distributing the Eclipse IDE?

Hi,

I have a non technical question wrt. building the Eclipse IDE / SDK. This topic came up in a discussion on the EclipseCon.

If someone has its own build of the Eclipse IDE, can he offer it for download? I heard that only Eclipse.org is allowed to do this.  I think it would be strange if we encourage people to build their own Eclipse IDE but don't allow them to distribute it. In addition AFAIK Fedora ships a custom build as well as Yoxos ships custom Eclipse distributions. Anyone knows the rules about this?

Best regards, Lars

Back to the top