Re: [cbi-dev] mvn install with out clean continues to fail

<phase> doesn’t accept multiple values, but the execution can be duplicated with different phase bindings:

       <plugin>

        <artifactId>maven-clean-plugin</artifactId>

        <version>2.5</version>

       <executions>

         <execution>

          <configuration>

            […]

          </configuration>

         </execution>

         <execution>

          <phase>clean</phase>

          <configuration>

            […]

          </configuration>

         </execution>

       </executions>

      </plugin>

It may be possible to share the configuration element across executions, eliminating the duplicated XML:

       <plugin>

        <artifactId>maven-clean-plugin</artifactId>

        <version>2.5</version>

        <configuration>

          […]

        </configuration>

       <executions>

         <execution>

          <phase>package</phase>

         </execution>

         <execution>

          <phase>clean</phase>

         </execution>

       </executions>

      </plugin>

This still seems like the wrong solution, the clean should really only happen in the clean phase.  Additionally, it means that “mvn clean install” would execute the clean goal twice in this module.  Perhaps a better solution would tag the bundles with a build ID and the build would look specifically for the bundles with the correct ID.

Regards,

Dave

Dave Hughes, Software Engineer
Phone: 604.408.8078 ext. 745
Email: Dave.Hughes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Elastic Path Software, Inc.
Web
elasticpath.com | Blog getelastic.com | Twitter twitter.com/elasticpath
Careers elasticpath.com/jobs | Community grep.elasticpath.com

Confidentiality Notice: This message is intended only for the use of the designated addressee(s), and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure. Any unauthorized viewing, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of information contained in this e-mail is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this e-mail in error, please reply to the sender immediately to inform us you are not the intended recipient and delete the email from your computer system.