Re: [cbi-dev] Building with bree-libs causes a problem in org.eclipse.jdt.compiler.tool

I think being able to compile against IBM JDK is important. The Oracle JVM is not available on all platforms. In fact I thought build.eclipse.org was only using IBM JDK because there is no HotSpot for Linux PPC-64.

I also suggest entering a bug against JDT core for this. This is JDT core compiling itself, so there's a good chance the problem is in there ;)

John

Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cbi-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/17/2012 01:52 PM

Please respond to
Common-build Developers discussion <cbi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cbi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [cbi-dev] Building with bree-libs causes a problem in        org.eclipse.jdt.compiler.tool

No. How Tycho looks for jars is coded in java.

Is this a requirement to be able to compile against IBM JDK? I know that
compiling against IBM JDK 1.4 resulted in some discrepancies in
generated class files compared to Juno, so I wonder if we can assume
Oracle/SUN JDK for now.

Igor