[cbi-dev] Grain of Platform Build ?

Hi all,

I'm sorry if I missed a debate or statement on this topic before, but I'm wondering what is the planned grain for Platform build. As it is currently documented, it appears that all projects in Platforn need to be built simultanously, or sequentially on the same Maven repo. This seems to be pretty monolithic, and Maven/Tycho easily allows to separate build and tests for projects, and to have Platform "Container" projects reusing those builds to produce Platform artifacts (SDK, RCP...) and additional testing.
Are there plans on (or arguments against) moving to a more "composite" build?
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top