Re: [cbi-dev] CBI and (Code) Quality

On 09/10/2012 01:19 PM, Mickael Istria wrote:
On 09/10/2012 12:52 PM, Mike Milinkovich wrote:

Mickael,

I don't think anyone is against hosting a Sonar instance at Eclipse, but it is not the #1 priority at the moment.

I'm a bit frustrated: this sentence sounds like "code quality is not a priority". Just like a few monthes ago someone decided "performance tests on platform are not #1 priority"...
What are #1, #2... #10 priorities at the moment ? Which is the rank of having tools to make quality better?
Even if it's low priority, has anyone evaluated the cost of installing Sonar? If it's only about a few minutes to get started, there is probably no need for this task to be considered as #1 priority before someone work on it.

From an IT standpoint, the #1 priority is making sure that our current tooling is kept functional, and that all the new initiatives we've begun are completely implemented before taking on new ones.

Right now Git migrations are right up there, as well as supporting Git, Gerrit, Hudson and everything else currently in use.  As it turns out, supporting Git repositories is much more time consuming than CVS... especially when Gerrit is involved.

Denis

Back to the top