Re: [cbi-dev] CBI Rebasing platform to M7

If we have unused map file entries, the most likely explanation is that we stopped using a bundle but forgot to remove it from the maps. Although having extra stuff in our maps doesn't harm our build, we should really be cleaning those up. If you spot cases like this, please enter a bug against Eclipse > Platform > Releng and we'll get the maps tidied up.

Thanks,
John

Thanh Ha <thanh.ha@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 05/10/2012 09:30:30 AM:

> Thanks for the clarification. While I do build the master feature, I did
> not know that not all items listed in map files were built. I will
> remove the bundles I added unless they are pulled in by the master feature.
>

> Thanh
>
> On 05/10/2012 02:35 AM, Gunnar Wagenknecht wrote:
> > Am 09.05.2012 22:00, schrieb Thanh Ha:
> >> No I try to use the map files to find out what to add to the poms as
> >> modules. I added this one because it was in one of the map files.
> > The map files are used as a "lookup" reference to find things to build.
> > However, they don't decided what should be in a build. AFAIK that's
> > entirely driven by features. More specifically, there is a master
> > feature that "includes" all the stuff to build.
> >
> > -Gunnar

Back to the top