Re: [buckminster-dev] different update site for a plugin

On 6/5/12 7:50 PM, Henrik Lindberg wrote:
> On 2012-06-06 1:56, denstar wrote:
>> Well, even if I just get directed to the forums-- props to the
>> buckminster team, it's a great project!
>>
> Noticed you got some input from Wim Jongman...

That was fast, right?  Nice to see, honestly (from both of you).  I keep
poking in on the automated build solutions from time to time, and wasn't
really feeling Tycho.  Nothing against it, for sure (I'm a lover of
build systems, and goldberg machines) plus, EGit uses it fine-- but
Buckminster sounded more like what I was after.

The Eclipse landscape is always changing though (for all that it stays
the same) so I was curious as to the current state of affairs.  Color me
happy with the buckminster!

> On the topic of lists - there are two buckminster "channels" one
> intended for users called "eclipse.tools.buckminster", and this called
> "eclipse.tools.buckminster-dev" intended for development of buckminster
> itself.
>
> These channels are available as mailing lists, forums, and via news
> (NNTP) and they are bidirectionally synched between all of them (or is
> that tri-directionally ;-) ?

Three *is* the magic number.  :)

Cool.  I'll reply to Wim 'cause I mostly typed it already, and do any
more questions like that in the user sphere.  Better to have the info
together for future "me"s.  I owe the universe a blog post about my
experience as well, I reckon.

> (I always use thunderbird and nntp) for both "channels".
>
> i.e. you don't have to use the Eclipse forum web ui if you don't want to.

Yay!  I'll use -users now that I know there is one, probably.

Newsgroups are second only to IRC for things that I get too involved
with, but maybe I can control myself these days.  Plus, as you say, it's
just an interface.  All in the mind, so to speak.  :)

Thank you for the information, Henrik!

:Denny

--
BitchX is my mail client