[buckminster-dev] Re: Subversive support

Thomas Spiessens wrote:
This indeed sounds like a better idea, but I suppose this means a number of things have to be changed in the code that retrieves the specific readertype because we would have a map from one readerType acronym (like "svn") to specific readerType classes whereas at this point in time there is always a one-to-one association between acronym and readerType class.

The new code would then need to perform a check on which plugin (Subclipse or Subversive) is available when it encounters an "svn" readerType in the rmap file. What to do when both are available, just pick one, but make sure to always pick the same one ?

The current code will simply find both. At present it will choose the first one (and I believe the order is random). We could of course improve on it and set some preference that would force it to choose one of them, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. Do you see a real use-case where it would be beneficial to have both installed?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top