[buckminster-dev] Re: Subversive support

Thomas Hallgren wrote:
Thomas Spiessens wrote:
The current code will simply find both. At present it will choose the first one (and I believe the order is random). We could of course improve on it and set some preference that would force it to choose one of them, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. Do you see a real use-case where it would be beneficial to have both installed?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Don't really see a real use-case for having both Subclipse and Subversive installed. Unless when one of them contains a bug in some functionality that is working correctly in the other one :)

Do you mean that the user will have to select which one of the Buckminster Subversion plugins needs to be installed when he/she installs Buckminster ?

Example scenario:
A user installs Buckminster and just selects all of the features (thus, including both the Subversive and Subclipse reader types). Then he uses a cquery that uses the "svn" readerType and the code randomly selects the Subclipse reader type, but the user has only the Subversive plugin installed in his Eclipse IDE. Doesn't this lead to an error ?

Regards,
Thomas.

Back to the top