[buckminster-dev] Re: Subversive support

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for your efforts for integration of the Subversive and
Buckminster. Hope that a list of new Subversive features can be helpful to
improve integration with Buckminster.

I want to announce that Subversive team made a fist step to integrate
Subversive and Buckminster projects. In the latest build 1.1.0 M5 we
implemented following features from request list:
- Read repository content as Streams instead of Files
- Add special interfaces in package
org.polarion.team.svn.core.operation.file, which can work with resources on
the file system in addition to intefaces, which work with Eclipse resources.

Improvements related with trunk-branches-tags will be performed a bit later.
It seems that a set of implemented features is enough to start integration
on the Buckminster side. Is it right? Can someone from Buckminster project
review Subversive features and let us know the opinion.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Igor Vinnykov
Subversive Team

"Thomas Spiessens" <thomas.spiessens@xxxxxxxxx> ???????/???????? ? ????????
?????????: news:eftae7$4ih$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...
> Hi guys,
> I have finished my Buckminster plugin with Subversive support. As Thomas
> has asked, I have named it org.eclipse.buckminster.subversive and
> org.eclipse.buckminster.subversive.feature. I have used "subversive" as
> readerType indication in the rmap file. Is this good for you ?
>
> Currently, the subversive and subclipse plugin both contain lots of common
> code. It might be a good idea to do some refactoring to squeeze out the
> common parts.
>
> Maybe it's also a good idea to change the "svn" readerType in the rmap
> file to "subclipse" to better reflect the actual plugin being used. In
> this way, there would be two Subversion reader types, "subclipse" and
> "subversive".
>
> We will test the plugin first a bit more before I hand it over to you for
> review. For example: I would certainly like to test the plugin against
> different repository layouts to make sure that it not only works on the
> uber-layout structure that we are using :)
>
> When we have done testing it, should I just zip the 2 projects and send it
> over to one of you ?
>
> Kind regards,
> Thomas.

Back to the top