Re: [buckminster-dev] cspec documentation

Hi Thomas,

> Hi Marc,
> As you noted, there's not much documentation bundled with the product yet. Our approach is
> to let the initial docs percolate a while on our wiki
> http://wiki.tada.se/wiki/display/buckminster/Home before we turn it into more formal docs.

I've seen that. Wiki is okay but what I was missing were some
examples.

> Look for "Key Concepts". There you will find links to "Component Specification" (cspec) and
> "Resource Map" (rmap).

As I said: There were examples regarding rmap and cquery but I haven't
found something concrete about the cspec.

What I've found were some very general explanations of actions,
dependencies, artifacts and exports. There weren't any explanations
how I've got to write the xml (what's the elements, attributes etc.)
I've seen the xml-schemas what helps me a little but there are many
more questionmarks which I'd like to resolve.

Don't misunderstood. The doc is very good to read but I think the doc
could be a little more in depth.

After some extended 'googeling' I was pointed to the cvs. There I've
found some examples, but they doesn't cover the whole cspec.

I've checked out the buckminster from cvs. I think that will help...
:)

By the way:
I've seen that buckminster is 1.0.0 (in cvs), so it's
production-stable?

Marc

Back to the top