Re: [buckminster-dev] ResourceMap and properties

The BOM must contain info about all bits and pieces and their origin. Simply put, I think that aside from the current set of fixed repository designators it will also contain a snapshot of:

1) The system properties
2) The site properties
3) Property file(s) appointed by the cquery
4) The appointed resource map(s)
5) The cquery

Item #3 and #4 ties back to the question of relative URL's in the query. I believe that A snapshot of the actual data makes it a non-issue to have that.

We already store all this information in the workspace meta-data but our current BOM needs some additional work

Right. I agree with the list - any information we can think of that can have an impact on choices and that we can easily extract should go into a log of some kind.

I don't have any practical against storing it all in the BOM, so maybe that is easiest. I was just thinking that to break things down and keep them manageable etc, a sort of 'log' would contain a BOM as *one* of the pieces. But this is just nitpicking...

ken1

Back to the top