[bpel-dev] Questions about the "empty BPEL" template

Hi,

I have completely updated (in fact, redesigned) the creation wizard of BPEL processes (I did it on a branch I have not yet pushed on Git).
Obviously, I kept the old features based on templates. I simply added a new one to generate a BPEL from a WSDL definition (top-down approach). And I changed the UI...

So, I am currently testing all the things. And I have started to write SWT Bot tests to automate testing and prevent regressions.
However, I have an issue with the "empty BPEL" template. When you use it, it creates a BPEL process with a sequence that only contains an "empty" activity.
And this directly results in an error.

Indeed, the BPEL validator indicates that "there is no start activity". And the fix for that is to either start with a Receive or with a Pick. That makes sense.
Except that the template is done in a way that cannot be valid. From a user point of view, we create something wrong.

I see two solutions to this problem.
Either we change the status of this error to WARNING, or, we remove this template.

What do you think?

              Vincent.

PS: I will later create a Bugzilla entry to introduce my branch and discuss the evolutions I made.

--
Vincent Zurczak

R&D Engineer
Petals Link - SOA open-source company