Re: [bpel-dev] Questions about the "empty BPEL" template

Hi,

> So, I am currently testing all the things. And I have started to write SWT
> Bot tests to automate testing and prevent regressions.
> However, I have an issue with the "empty BPEL" template. When you use it, it
> creates a BPEL process with a sequence that only contains an "empty"
> activity. And this directly results in an error.

I think, you are assuming that a BPEL process should be a valid BPEL
process at all stages. In my oppinion, a BPEL process has to be valid
at the point, the modeling ist completed.

The described process is valid if it is used as abstract process.

I would not offer process templates dependent on the choice between
abstract/executable processes.

In case a modeler wants to start a BPEL process with a pick activity,
neither of the other two templates helps. Therefore, I am against
removal of the template!

One could remove the "empty" activity, but then the process would
really look strange!

> Either we change the status of this error to WARNING,

Please do NOT do that as this affects other BPEL processes, too!

Cheers,

Oliver

Back to the top