Re: [bpel-dev] request about changing jar files' directory

Hi Michal,
what I meat is this:

http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/platform-core/documents/3.1/run_from_jars.html

I don't think we support that. We still have bundle-classpath entries in
the Manifest.MF, the build.properties don't correspond to the rules
mentioned above etc.

Cheers
Simon

Simon Moser, M.Eng.

 Websphere Integration       Mail:           IBM Deutschland Entwicklung
 Developer Development       smoser@xxxxxx.  GmbH
 Team Lead BPEL Editor       com             Vorsitzender des
 Dept. 4722, Bldg.           Phone:          Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
 71032-01, Room 086          +49-7031-16-43  Geschäftsführung: Herbert
 Websphere Solutions and     04              Kircher
 Services                    Fax:            Sitz der Gesellschaft:
 IBM Deutschland             +49-7031-16-48  Böblingen
 Entwicklung GmbH            90              Registergericht: Amtsgericht
 Schönaicherstr. 220, D –                    Stuttgart, HRB 243294
 71032 Boeblingen

             Michal
             Chmielewski
             <michal.chmielews                                          To
             ki@xxxxxxxxxx>            "BPEL Designer project developer
             Sent by:                  discussions."
             bpel-dev-bounces@         <bpel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             eclipse.org                                                cc
                                       bpel-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
             27.11.2007 23:34          Re: [bpel-dev] request about
                                       changing jar files' directory

             Please respond to
              "BPEL Designer
             project developer
               discussions."
             <bpel-dev@eclipse
                   .org>

I am pretty sure the build process puts all the plugins as .jar files. So
there are, what 6-7 jar files that have our plugins.

The content of that .jar file does contain a bin "directory"  .... but you
only see this if you look at the jar contents or extract it. In some cases
other things are in the jar files as well, for example, the BPEL emf model
should be there.

Is the issue just with the bin directory in the jar ?

I also don't understand what Simon is saying below,
Therefore, we should move the plugins to
be single jar OSGI bundles.
I think we already have that.

-michal

Simon D Moser wrote:
      Hi Sam,

      you are correct. Having them in the bin directory is not a thing that
      still
      needs to be. This is some legacy. Therefore, we should move the
      plugins to
      be single jar OSGI bundles. Pls. open a bugzilla for that.
      The second question you had was about a build script: Try to check
      you a
      plugin called *.bpel.releng - that does the build stuff.

[...]

                   sam wang

                   <samwzm@xxxxxxxxx

                   Sent by:                  bpel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

                   bpel-dev-bounces@
      cc
                   eclipse.org

      Subject
                                             [bpel-dev] request about
      changing
                   14.11.2007 18:49          jar files' directory

                   Please respond to

                    "BPEL Designer

                   project developer

                     discussions."

                   <bpel-dev@eclipse

                         .org>

      Dear friends,

      Please correct me if I am wrong. I don't understand why the jar files
      in
      the deployable download
      package (not from cvs) is in "bin" directory after extraction. I
      don't
      think it is a necessary
      requirement for a plug-in under Eclipse 3.3. I wonder if you could
      get rid
      of "bin" directory
      since there is such directory if the jar files are exported from
      Eclipse.
      (I mean after I modify
      some source code through Eclipse and then export it to jar file). I
      think
      it will be much easier
      to package the whole project.

      By the way, any suggestions about my last email about how to develop
      Eclipse BPEL efficiently? for
      example, is there an ant script to automatic package the whole
      project
      after modifying some source
      code? how to test the modification without installing it and creating
      BPEL file? (no compile
      error does not mean the project will work)

      Thanks!
      Sam

Michal Chmielewski, CMTS, Oracle Corp,
W:650-506-5952 / M:408-209-9321

"Manuals ?! What manuals ? Son, it's Unix, you just gotta know."