Re: [bpel-dev] request about changing jar files' directory

I am pretty sure the build process puts all the plugins as .jar files. So there are, what 6-7 jar files that have our plugins.

The content of that .jar file does contain a bin "directory"  .... but you only see this if you look at the jar contents or extract it. In some cases other things are in the jar files as well, for example, the BPEL emf model should be there.

Is the issue just with the bin directory in the jar ?

I also don't understand what Simon is saying below,
Therefore, we should move the plugins to
be single jar OSGI bundles.
I think we already have that.

-michal

Simon D Moser wrote:
Hi Sam,

you are correct. Having them in the bin directory is not a thing that still
needs to be. This is some legacy. Therefore, we should move the plugins to
be single jar OSGI bundles. Pls. open a bugzilla for that.
The second question you had was about a build script: Try to check you a
plugin called *.bpel.releng - that does the build stuff.

Cheers
Simon

Simon Moser, M.Eng.

 Websphere Integration       Mail:           IBM Deutschland Entwicklung
 Developer Development       smoser@xxxxxx.  GmbH
 Team Lead BPEL Editor       com             Vorsitzender des
 Dept. 4722, Bldg.           Phone:          Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
 71032-01, Room 086          +49-7031-16-43  Geschäftsführung: Herbert
 Websphere Solutions and     04              Kircher
 Services                    Fax:            Sitz der Gesellschaft:
 IBM Deutschland             +49-7031-16-48  Böblingen
 Entwicklung GmbH            90              Registergericht: Amtsgericht
 Schönaicherstr. 220, D –                    Stuttgart, HRB 243294
 71032 Boeblingen

             sam wang
             <samwzm@xxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  bpel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             bpel-dev-bounces@                                          cc
             eclipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [bpel-dev] request about changing
             14.11.2007 18:49          jar files' directory

             Please respond to
              "BPEL Designer
             project developer
               discussions."
             <bpel-dev@eclipse
                   .org>

Dear friends,

Please correct me if I am wrong. I don't understand why the jar files in
the deployable download
package (not from cvs) is in "bin" directory after extraction. I don't
think it is a necessary
requirement for a plug-in under Eclipse 3.3. I wonder if you could get rid
of "bin" directory
since there is such directory if the jar files are exported from Eclipse.
(I mean after I modify
some source code through Eclipse and then export it to jar file). I think
it will be much easier
to package the whole project.

By the way, any suggestions about my last email about how to develop
Eclipse BPEL efficiently? for
example, is there an ant script to automatic package the whole project
after modifying some source
code? how to test the modification without installing it and creating a
BPEL file? (no compile
error does not mean the project will work)

Thanks!
Sam