Re: [bpel-dev] Re: Source tab patch

Hi Michal,

we know and experienced (at least parts) of that. Thats why I said
yesterday that the HEAD stream might not be functional / stable for a
while.
I propose that we focus on getting the remaining DomFacading etc, to work
first, and then do a real test, fixing up these errors.
Extending the BPEL Designer to support  a source tab, syncronization of DOM
etc. is a little bit like heart-surgery, and it is utopisitic to believe
that we can incorporate this while being agnostic to stability ;-)
Nevertheless thanks for testing and bringing up these issues!

Cheers
Simon

Simon Moser, M.Eng.

 Websphere Integration       Mail:           IBM Deutschland Entwicklung
 Developer Development       smoser@xxxxxx.  GmbH
 Team Lead BPEL Editor       com             Vorsitzender des
 Dept. 4722, Bldg.           Phone:          Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
 71032-01, Room 086          +49-7031-16-43  Geschäftsführung: Herbert
 Websphere Solutions and     04              Kircher
 Services                    Fax:            Sitz der Gesellschaft:
 IBM Deutschland             +49-7031-16-48  Böblingen
 Entwicklung GmbH            90              Registergericht: Amtsgericht
 Schönaicherstr. 220, D –                    Stuttgart, HRB 243294
 71032 Boeblingen

             Michal
             Chmielewski
             <michal.chmielews                                          To
             ki@xxxxxxxxxx>            "Ushakov, Dennis"
             Sent by:                  <dennis.ushakov@xxxxxxxxx>, "BPEL
             bpel-dev-bounces@         Designer project developer
             eclipse.org               discussions."
                                       <bpel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc
             20.09.2007 18:31
                                                                   Subject
                                       [bpel-dev] Re: Source tab patch
             Please respond to
              "BPEL Designer
             project developer
               discussions."
             <bpel-dev@eclipse
                   .org>

Dennis,

I've updated head and I just a couple of comments.

There is a lot of stuff that is broken right now. Not sure what Simon had
done with respect to a sanity test but at least it would nice to know that
obvious stuff was not working.

Here is what I see broken:

1) The undo/redo stuff is broken for element drag/drop on the map.

2) If I have sequence and add an empty activity before that then move into
the sequence somehow I have 2 empty activities in the sequence. If a play
with just a sequence and an empty activity I can do a lot of visual damage
:-)

3) The duplicate and copy and paste are equally broken too.

4) Editing with 2 copies of the editor open (so 2 editors open for one
file, one shown in source view, the other in design view) does not seem to
work either.

5) Adding a variable does not work.

I know this like wishing that faires existed ....

-michal

Ushakov, Dennis wrote:
      Hi, Michal!

      I’ve started porting my changes to the HEAD and created first patch.
      It improves reconciliation algorithm to handle all nodes in the EMF
      tree. I’ve tried to make it minimal, but some classes were dragged in
      to resolve compilations issues. They’re needed by other changes that
      I haven’t ported.

      I have some questions:
      1. Is it ok to send patches to you, or should I post them at Bugzilla
      first?
      2. I think that it would be better if I send minimal patches as I
      progress in porting. Is it ok with you?

      Thanks,
      Dennis

      Closed Joint Stock Company Intel A/O
      Registered legal address: 125252, Moscow, Russian Federation,
      Chapayevsky Per, 14.

Michal Chmielewski, CMTS, Oracle Corp,
W:650-506-5952 / M:408-209-9321

"Manuals ?! What manuals ? Son, it's Unix, you just gotta know."