[bpel-dev] (n)WSDL -> (1) BPEL

A WSDL can define N port types like so.

portType (1..N)

 - operations  (1..M)
      - input
      - output
      - fault (1 ., X)

We always create the process from the perspective of the the process,
which means it gets its client WSDL generated on the fly using our wizard.

There is another way to think about this and that is to allow a WSDL to be the starting point.

There are 2 ways to go about this I suppose:
a) generate either 1 bpel processes that starts with a Pick activity, with each onMessage of the pick activity listening on a different portType; this still uses the 1-1 mapping of the WSDL <-> BPEL but allows for multiple messages to trigger an instance creation of the BPEL process. b) generate N bpel processes, each starting with a receive on one of the port types of the WSDL
    document.

The a) variant is easy to support currently, it only requires a new wizard to be written which
would create the template BPEL process based on the WSDL definition.

The b) variant is probably also relatively easy to support, the only difference is that we would have a N to 1 dependency on the WSDL to the BPEL. I assume that we could still just throw everything in one
project.

Anyone see any problems with these the way the current editor is working ?

Currently, each .bpel file gets a .bpelex file (more on this later), and there is a shared *Artifacts.wsdl file which is used to define PLT that don't exist in other wsdl without actually overriting them. So I think from the editor perspective I think we are probably fine, we just need to make sure that notifications of model changes are
somehow propagated across the various editors.

This is I think where the resource set issue comes into play.
If we had a resource set tied to something that is higher in the workspace (say the project) these model
sharing issues would probably just go away.
--
Michal Chmielewski, CMTS, Oracle Corp, W:650-506-5952 / M:408-209-9321 "Manuals ?! What manuals ? Son, it's Unix, you just gotta know."

Back to the top