From: bpel-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bpel-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Simon D Moser
Sent: 16 May 2007 20:11
To: BPEL Designer project developer discussions.
Subject: [bpel-dev] DOM Facading / source Editor

Hey guys,

We started to dig deeper in the DOM Facading work this week, and it turns
out that this more complicated than I initially expected. So today I then
had a call with the WTP / WSDL guys in order to find out how they do it,
and I learned quite a lot. That is the good news. The bad news, however, is
that given we really like to go for a sourceView, that makes things even
more comlicated (you have to synchronise both ways, DOM->EMF and EMF-DOM
since most sourceEditors work on a DOM, not on an EMF.)
Therefore, it is important to find out what Vitaly is planning for the
sourceView ? Is it something like the SSE Editors (Structured Source
Editors) that are available for e.g. XML ?

I think we need to have a phone call on this soon, since we hace to decide
how to proceed from here. I understood the concepts that I have to watch,
but this change requires a bigger amount of restructuring and even more
testing, so were looking at something like 10-15 days full time work (which
really is hard to contain until end of May).
Either way, let me know your availabilty, I won't be available next Friday
(May 25) where our next regular conf call is scheduled, so lets see how we
can reschedule this.

Thanks
Simon

Simon Moser, M.Eng.

 Websphere Integration       Mail:           IBM Deutschland Entwicklung
 Developer Development       smoser@xxxxxx.  GmbH
 Team Lead BPEL Editor       com             Vorsitzender des
 Dept. 4722, Bldg.           Phone:          Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
 71032-01, Room 086          +49-7031-16-43  Geschäftsführung: Herbert
 Websphere Solutions and     04              Kircher
 Services                    Fax:            Sitz der Gesellschaft:
 IBM Deutschland             +49-7031-16-48  Böblingen
 Entwicklung GmbH            90              Registergericht: Amtsgericht
 Schönaicherstr. 220, D –                    Stuttgart, HRB 243294
 71032 Boeblingen

Back to the top