[birt-report-engine-dev] Running BIRT from source code

Hello gentlemen,

I'm using the Report Engine API to run reports, but I'm getting a
BirtException  when I call the run() method on the task.

I have no idea what is causing this exception, and there isn't any
message associated with it.

I would like to run BIRT from source code so that I can see where
exactly the exception is being raised.

I'm following the instructions here:
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/build/buildInstructions.php

the CVS checkout is successful... then I add references to the
necessary birt projects to my project properties.

I try to build my workspace and I get about 50 BILLION errors... no idea why...

I've tried this with Eclipse 3.2 and 3.4.1... using CVS
BIRT_2_3_1_RC1_20080903 and also CVS HEAD.

I'm new to both Java and Eclipse, and at this point I'm completely lost :)

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction...

Thanks in advance,
Eric P. Mangold

Back to the top