[birt-report-engine-dev] Parameterizing the data source using Report Engine API

Hi,

I'm authoring reports on my local machine that reference XML file data
sources...

However, these reports will be run on a server by an application using
the report engine API. The paths to the XML data sources will be
different, and the data itself will be different (though it will
follow the same schema, of course).

Is there any clean way to parameterize the data source using the
Report Engine API and an existing .rtpdesign file?

It seems like I'll have to muck with the XML of the .rptdesign file
before opening it with the API, but I'm hoping for a cleaner
solution(?)

Regards,
Eric P. Mangold

Back to the top