Re: [birt-dev] Website

Hi Wim !

For 1.)

As I mailed earlier on, I use Docusaurus as static web page generating tool. Maybe you remember the hugo discussion…

The result of Docusaurus are static web pages which can be published anywhere as long as the configuration files reflect the correct destination url, baseUrl etc.

Have a look on my github rebo BIRT-Dev which is public. You’ll find the web pages under the directory BIRT-dev/build…

I think it is self-explaining.

If I understand things correctly the only thing to do is to give me the destination address, I will configure the configuration files, build the web pages and then they will to be push to destination by github.

Therefore I suggest that the eclipse/BIRT-website repo shall be the master with all sources , *md, etc. (a copy of my actual repo), I will then make my repo a copy of Eclipse’s, and the eclipse/BIRT-website/build/* shall be the pages which will have to be pushed to production.

I hope, I could express myself in a understandable way. Is that OK?

For 2.)

Yes this is the Birt logo. I designed it myself and I grant rights to Eclipse to use it.

If there is paperwork necessary for that, let me know, I will take care of it.

You can find the vector graphic version and some variation attached… of course I will push them with the source code.

For 3.)

The download tab of eclipse page: Eclipse Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools (BIRT) | projects.eclipse.org

Points to Project download area | The Eclipse Foundation

Where you find: This page is not designed to be web-accessible,

I used on the new web page this link for download: eclipse/birt: Eclipse BIRT™ The open source reporting and data visualization project. (github.com)

(Link on the Get Started page) If you would like to have a more predominant link, let me know. I will include one e.g. on the home page…

What is correct?

Anyhow the eclipse page must be updated.

6.)

For me the date is interpreted semantically. For me it means that this release was published or build on the date displayed. In other word 4.9 will be released in June 2021.

Thanks

Christophe