Re: [birt-dev] BIRT Reboot - Some questions and remarks

I can answer some of the questions.

1) What is the official repository now?
Is https://github.com/eclipse/birt the official repository for the source

Yes.

is https://git.eclipse.org/c/www.eclipse.org/birt.git/ used for?

This is where we put the website content that you find at https://www.eclipse.org/birt. Anything committed to this repository will appear on the website after a few minutes. The intention is that the work that Christophe is working on now will be moved there.

2) I'd like to be a committer.
I'd fix the bugs listed above.

The path to committer status starts by making contributions. It sounds like you have a few contributions that are ready to go.

Create an EF account, sign the ECA and send your pull requests. Please make sure that your commits are "Signed-off-by".

Per the usual process, after making some contributions, we'll nominate you as a new committer.

There's more information about contributing and becoming a committer here.

7) Is it planned to mention companies and products *using* BIRT or only the main *contributors*?
Mentioning successful products would show the world that BIRT is used by thousands users on a daily basis (at least a few thousand users of our product).

Agreed. We do have a standard means by which adopters can upload their logos and information. I'll find some information about setting this up so that we can include it on the new site.

Wayne