[birt-dev] Problems getting tests to run. AllTests in org.eclipse.birt.data.engine gives result -- Runs: 508/508 Failures:21 Errors:367

Hi,

This is my first mail to this list. I am new to BIRT and am interested in contributing to BIRT.

With the help of the build instructions, I have been able to build BIRT ok. The build instructions tell us to omit some test packages (org.eclipse.birt.tests.data , org.eclipse.birt.report.tests.viewer) because they dont compile.

In the org.eclipse.birt.data, under tests, I ran the Junit test - AllTests.java that is under org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.

The results are as such:
Runs: 508/508 Failures:21 Errors:367

The aggregation tests org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.aggregration.FinanceTest and the TotalTest all pass OK.

The stack trace is as follows:
1.6666666666666667
org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.core.DataException: Column binding "COL" does not exist. at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.ExprManagerUtil.checkColumnBindingExist(ExprManagerUtil.java:230) at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.ExprManagerUtil.checkColumnBindingExpression(ExprManagerUtil.java:205) at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.ExprManagerUtil.validateColumnBinding(ExprManagerUtil.java:55) at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.ExprManagerUtilTest.testValidateNodes13(ExprManagerUtilTest.java:499)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.junit3.JUnit3TestReference.run(JUnit3TestReference.java:128) at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38) at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:460) at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:673) at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:386) at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:196)

Is this because some projects are missing ? What could be wrong in my setup. The build instructions use BIRT_2_1_1_Release_20060927 source. and that is what I am testing with.

Can someone please help. I'd be willing to write the instructions up to run tests, and we can put it up on the wiki/website

Thanks much,
Sunitha.

Back to the top