From: babel-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:babel-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kit Lo
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 8:22 AM
To: Babel committers mailing list
Subject: Re: [babel-dev] Next Large translations Contribution for Japanese

Hello Mori-san,

Thanks for the JWG's hard work and contribution of the translations. It will be very helpful if you could follow the guideline. However, if you have any problems, we are always here to help. Just let us know.

We have backups for the translation database. In the event of critical problems, we can restore the database from a backup.

Denis may have some stats for the Babel Language Pack Update Site. He will let us know later.

Kit Lo
IBM Eclipse SDK Globalization Technical Lead
Eclipse Babel Project Co-lead

"mori" <mori-m@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: babel-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
06/03/2008 04:43 AM
Please respond to
Babel committers mailing list <babel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject
[babel-dev] Next Large translations Contribution for Japanese

Hello Kit-san,

Eclipse Japan WG and translators have a plan of contributing large translation sets for Eclipse 3.4
 1. In mid of June for a test.
 2. At the end of June for the official release of Eclipse 3.4.

We checked the guide line and intend to work along it.
(http://www.eclipse.org/babel/development/large_contributions.php)

Is it OK?

I have one request about the hedge against the risk.
Currently, Japanese Lang pack for 3.4 on BABEL test server works rather fine.
So, if we find the unexpected error or bugs on the test server, it should not be reflected to the update-site.
Can you recover the data base if we ask?

The Japanese language pack for 3.3 was announced on the web on May 23rd.
Please let us know the download status if you can check.