From: babel-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:babel-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bjorn Freeman-Benson
Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2008 4:08 PM
To: Babel committers mailing list
Subject: Re: [babel-dev] Eclipse and Flex Builder langpacks

Morten and the Babel team,
Morten, could I impose on you to enter an Eclipse bugzilla for this new feature that you are requesting? I'd like to see the feature generalized to support as many of our corporate members as possible - those that would step up to do this kind of work, that is :-)  The more detail about the Babel -> Adobe and the Adobe -> Babel you can spec out in the bugzilla, the better. (There is a "report a bug" link on http://babel.eclipse.org/babel/ )

In fact, even better would be for your team to grab the latest Babel server source code (it's in CVS and we would be happy to help you and your team get set up with it) and then write the web-apis to support this feature as a patch.  That would be best of all because then it would definitely support your needs and it would ensure that the feature gets implemented on the schedule you need.

- Bjorn

Morten Nilsen wrote:

Hi Babel-dev

My name is Morten Nilsen and I manage a group of people in Adobe Systems Inc which creates a Japanese version of Flex Builder. ...
We’d like to explore how we could automate a process whereby we access directly your latest file sets for all localizable components (Eclipse localizable source files .properties) for the next upcoming Eclipse version. With direct access to the localizable source files, we can set up our system to automatically retrieve these files, detect the changes and send these changes out quickly for translation.  We would then be able to submit the completed translation back to the Eclipse source tree. This could be done on an ongoing basis during the development process.

--

[end of message]