[babel-dev] From Japan Working Group

Hello Chris and BABEL committers,

Eclipse Japan Working Group had a meeting on Feb 8th, and discussed how we
should realize the Japanese language pack by our community. Basically we
conclude to cooperate together for developing it. At first we would like to
try on 3.3 before 3.4.

During the discussion, we faced some questions.

1. Plan and schedule of the project

2. How to develop and delivery
 - BABEL is "a tool project." Is language packs are out of scope?
    Which project is in charge of the development and delivery for language
packs?
    Do we need to launch the Japanese language pack project?
 - Who will be responsible for the repository of each language or each
plug-in?
    Who will be responsible for organizing each language pack?
    Do we need "translation committers" for each language?

3. About IP issues
  Aren't there any IP issues for delivery?

Could you let us clarify the above points? If they have not been defined
yet, I also propose to have a meeting and some discussion about them.

Thanks,

Motoki MORI
VALWAY Technology Center
NEC Soft, Ltd.