RE: [babel-dev] February 4th Meeting

Hello, Mr. Chris Naguyen,

My name is Motoki MORI of NEC Soft in Japan.

I would like to ask two points.

1.       Plan of the project

  Congratulations on the release of BABEL serer application ver.0!

  But there is a description of  “The project has no plan” on the web site.

I guess that future plan will be discussed in EclipseCon2008.

  Is it now stopping?  If not, could you show me any plan?

2.       Why don’t you try for 3.3 language pack now?

 Many of Japanese software venders and users still need 3.3 Japanese language packs.

 And we got a tool for machine translation for a jump start.

 If we can put the translation on the BABEL server, tens of Japanese contributors will review and edit them.

 As a result, the project can get first result very quickly.

If we can show beta version of Japanese language pack in EclipseCon2008,

It would have some impact for other languages, and accelerate the project.

Regards,

Motoki MORI

VALWAY Technology Center
NEC Soft, Ltd.