Re: [auto-iwg] Requirements Modeling Framework (RMF) Slides from Toulouse Meeting

Hello Helko,

Our plan is to keep RMF and ProR fairly slim.  We kind of hope that other developers will start creating plug-ins for ProR, which may provide some of the functionality you were asking for.  These do not have to be hosted at eclipse.org.

To address your specific questions:

Is it planned to also introduce a scripting mechanism such as DXL in DOORS?

Not any time soon, but it is possible to add functionality with additional plug-ins.  The addition of a scripting language is feasible, however.

What about views and baselines?

We are thinking about supporting versioning by using existing repository technology (svn, git, etc.).  This is obviously not the same as proper baselining.

Is Eclipse RMF going to provide also functionality to support such important features which are not faced by the ReqIF standard?

In general, we "abused" ReqIF by using it as a data model, instead of an exchange format.  This has the advantage of full ReqIF compatibility, but as a result, many common features do not exist.  The ReqIF standard does not address these issues, as it is not concerned with tool support.

We are currently working on a roadmap for RMF

--
Michael Jastram +49 (162) 274 83 94 http://jastram.de
Geschäftsführer Formal Mind GmbH http://formalmind.com

Back to the top