Re: [aspectj-users] LTW weaving with foreign code

Hi Andy,

Thanks for replying. I am stilla little confused. Are you telling me not to bother with the VM option: -Djava.system.class.loader=org.aspectj.weaver.loadtime.WeavingURLClassLoader
but instead just use

-javaagent:pathto/aspectjweaver.jar as a VM option?

"The weaver will discover its configuration from the CLASSPATH"
Actually, I am not sure what this means. Do I need to specify something in the classpath so that the weaver will later find it and configure itself appropriately?

"It will look out for a file META-INF/aop.xml (or META-INF/aop-ajc.xml)
and use that to configure the weaving."

I think I understand this. I am to create a META_INF folder into which an aop-xml file is to be written which specifies the names of the aspects I want applied, as you outlined here:

<aspectj>
<aspects>
  <aspect name="SomeAspect"/>
</aspects>
</aspectj>

If you need to know about what is going on you can add a weaver
section into the aspectj section:

<weaver options="-debug"/>
Hmmm I am not sure what this means .. this is a part of the XML file which makes the aspect execution verbose in some way?

Thank you!