[aspectj-users] LTW weaving with foreign code

Hi all,

I am attempting to set up some LTW with a foreign (.class files only) code base.

After having read the documentation I am not sure what is required. Specifically

If I provide -Djava.system.class.loader=org.aspectj.weaver.loadtime.WeavingURLClassLoader as a VM option, is this sufficient or do I also need to

1) have to set ASPECTPATH as a system variable or is this just for developing aspects? 2 have to set the ASPECTJ_HOME as a system variable or is this just for developing aspects when I compile with AJC? 3) add aspectjrt.jar to my CLASSPATH system variable or is this just for developing aspects when I compile with AJC?
4) somehow include lib/aspectjrt.jar  and aspectjweaver.jar to the runtime?

So the idea is clear, I have foreign code. I have aspects already compiled. I just want to run the foreign code as usual, but have the LTW apply itself and execute the aspects as appropriate.

Many thanks...

Back to the top