[aspectj-users] Weaving source text? Well not really...

I'm actually embarrassed sending this, because I feel like this is a feature request that is really unrelated conceptually to the goals of AspectJ -- but AspectJ is perfectly positioned (from a toolchain perspective) to be able to provide it.  So I'm shamelessly abandoning my philosophical consistency to see if there has been any talk of this type of feature in the AspectJ dev community before:

Any talk of being able to somehow use weaving to allow for a "val" keyword similar to scala, c#, or (now) Lambok?

I realize that this is not really "weaving" but softening exceptions isn't really either -- and AspectJ supports that.  Really I'm just having feature envy over those other tools and when Lambok demonstrated that they could do it just as an annotation processor (+ eclipse integration), then I'm just grasping for straws ready to use it.  I don't want to mix Lambok and AspectJ as I've heard horror stories, and I'm not really anxious to adopt any additional toolchain risk.

Any thoughts in the community?

Steve

Back to the top