Re: [aspectj-users] Weaving source text? Well not really...

Hi Steve,

Someone else mentioned Lombok interop a little while ago.  In
*principal* it should be possible if AspectJ sorted out its support
for annotation processing tools, I think, but so far I haven't had
time to look at it.  I got APT support working a while back for
AspectJ but it was just in a prototype workspace that I've since
misplaced.

You are right that AspectJ could go down this road to some degree.
I've thought about a few things, like
auto-generating getters/setters (so not even requiring you to write
ITDs, just being told in some way that this property needs a
getter/setter and just creating them), supporting the null-safe
dereference operator '?.' - and your val is kind of another case.
Certainly goes beyond the initial remit of AspectJ as an aspect
oriented programming language - but these are the kinds of things I
think languages need these days. They need to cut down on the
boilerplate and increase the productivity.

I'd certainly welcome any opinions on this - I've not planned to do
anything radical just yet.  Moving AspectJ to rebase it on the Eclipse
Java7 compiler will be keeping me busy.

cheers
Andy