Re: [aspectj-users] Removing fields

On 24/06/2011 23:38, Andy Clement wrote:
I see, so we are already talking about entirely different
mechanisms... this is definetly not something to rush.  I was
imagining a construct similar to a field ITD that removed the named
field rather than adding it, but you are talking about some variant of
advice for this.

So not coming in 1.6.12 then? ha ha. Could we take it from the lack of response that people are not strongly opposed to such a feature?

A kind of field set/get joinpoint around advice
where the field is removed as part of being advised, sounds a bit
scary.  Definetly needs more thought.
Perhaps it was a naive suggestion. I am a non-AspectJ user who has considered learning it a dozen times over many years. I've always struggled to find a need compelling enough to justify its use. But allowing this improved form of dependency management would definitely justify brining it into a new project.

This is why I went ahead with annotation removal, it is much more simple

If only private fields were able to be replaced what type of problems might occur? Would it confuse IDE's?

Back to the top