Re: [aspectj-users] Memory Usage =~ k * P * T [ Spring 2.5.6, AspectJ 1.6.5 ]

I've done a bit more analysis which I have written up in detail in the
Spring Issue:

    https://jira.springframework.org/browse/SPR-7678

The net of the analysis is that switching on Spring AspectJ point cuts
increased the memory footprint of our application by a factor of
8-10x.

A heap of 800,000 objects that consumed 52M became a heap of 6.9M
objects, that consumed 523M.

This was in a configuration of the application that had 8 point cuts,
~1500 Spring beans and a total of 8347 distinct types (as measured on
entry to World.TypeMap.put).

jon.

Back to the top