Re: [aspectj-users] Issue with incremental compilation, annotation and pointcuts

There is possibly a bug here, but maybe it is something subtle because
I just tried it and the scenario worked for me just fine.  It is not
really a complicated incremental build in this situation if the type
you are annotating is the type that should get woven (as opposed to a
subtype of the type that is annotated).  When you save your file with
the annotation on, it will be compiled and woven immediately.  Any
file that gets compiled is woven straightaway, the weaving is never
skipped.  So if you now have an annotation and the advice matches
based on it, the weaver will advise it.

> My guess is that adding annotation produce an incremental compilation that is
> not detected by AJDT.

You did see the file get rebuilt though, didnt you? (timestamp change
in the bin folder?)  If it was rebuilt and the project is an AspectJ
project, the weaver will have run.

Perhaps raise a bug and we can investigate further.

Andy