[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [aspectj-users] AspectJ in Android
- From: Andy Clement <andrew.clement@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 12:50:03 -0700
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=j2YzSRFOkxpaC/BYm6EmHvJwVSHqvtDS9l09h1scVVs=; b=Hf+fH6mNp8KvVSu5EjKdiB/1mXoUuGpu+TvMAG2smZPi5XYKfVKwD2v55pLVpV6ZzD ws+5K3XU8aAaftnMZlXyiE1mEzEEXQqNk5J9Q0nhRuH8BMvycrwu7N4Y81+2PectLEbB LAEB2zUD44c5ZIn81yY2Mlr6a+MBPhOP40UIo=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=fvq9dd2uEW7qhdusvO7sg3L0l/Ck2+26YSynM3Bi6paFA2rLgo9OoQfYjJWUgQfMga sh2xb6CoIoOVRQ/qI77CKMG4Zmg7xCAIo3ug13IKYOaAw61b8DkOZqTlsWpZiJWGnhbp ouGS4My/FWWTIqVPVoiCU0yb6vS7lJKWSyJNc=
I'm afraid I know very little about the android dalvik VM. If I were
guessing I'd assume it is vaguely like a J2ME platform with similar
kinds of restriction (threads, reflection, etc). We have had long
standing issues with AspectJ and J2ME. If you use some parts of the
language it works ok, but using other parts produces code that won't
run on J2ME. Perhaps the story will be the same for Android.
Basically we would need to produce an alternative version of
aspectjrt.jar that is more suited to these kinds of environment. (And
we'd remove a lot of stuff that is in the current aspectjrt.jar that
makes no sense on those platforms).
If you try it and have issues, feel free to raise bugs for them.
On 18 October 2010 17:12, Luis Miguel Serrano
> Hello. I would like to know if there is any possible way to use AspectJ with
> the Android mobile platform which uses Dalvik Virtual Machine.
> In case such a thing is not possible, I would like to know why and also if
> there are any odds of that changing in the near future.
> Given the deep relation between Android's increasing usage and the Java
> Programming Language, along with the increase in applications being
> developed, i believe it would be extremely useful to a massive amount of
> Thanks in advance!
> Luís Miguel Serrano
> aspectj-users mailing list