Re: [aspectj-users] AspectJ in Android

I'm afraid I know very little about the android dalvik VM.  If I were
guessing I'd assume it is vaguely like a J2ME platform with similar
kinds of restriction (threads, reflection, etc).  We have had long
standing issues with AspectJ and J2ME.  If you use some parts of the
language it works ok, but using other parts produces code that won't
run on J2ME.  Perhaps the story will be the same for Android.
Basically we would need to produce an alternative version of
aspectjrt.jar that is more suited to these kinds of environment.  (And
we'd remove a lot of stuff that is in the current aspectjrt.jar that
makes no sense on those platforms).

If you try it and have issues, feel free to raise bugs for them.

Andy