[aspectj-users] aspectj and stack traces

Hello All!

Could you point me in the right direction when debugging using AspectJ 1.6.8
with LTW?
I am not using any IDEs like eclipse. Being a programmer who dabbles in AOP,
I can guess the bugs in my woven code whenever I get an exception (which
shows a stack trace of woven code as opposed to the original code). However,
I cannot expect the same from other colleagues and IT staff and Clients(!)
who balk at the '$AjcClosure's, aroundxyz(), aroundBody() etc and so I've
been asked to provide the original stack traces for exceptions.

What are my options here? Even if I captured every single exception created,
I cannot modify/create a new exception with the original stack trace.

I tried using the (experimental) -XnoInline option to ajc and while it gave
me different stack traces for my 'around' advices, it was not quite what i
had in mind. (regular java stack traces without aspectj).  -XnoInline points
out the starting line numbers of my methods in code but not the actual
control flow line numbers.

I wonder how the experts and veterans currently handle this debugging issue
especially if one wants to sell their aspectj-enabled software to advice 3rd
party applications. Please advise! Thank you very much

-Arvind