[aspectj-users] Re: basic question regarding 'after throwing' advice

Thanks for the tip, Ramnivas! I was thinking of logging all active and
handled exceptions in my application and hence had to go for a collection
and you seem to have suggested that alternative also.

One follow up question that I have is this : how do I capture a group of
methods that throw a heirarchy of exceptions as opposed to one specific
exception. For example, in this advice declaration snippet:
" after() throwing (RuntimeException rte): AllMethsExecPC() { ", I would
like to capture subclasses of RuntimeException also and not just
RuntimeException. I think, for args() and other pointcuts, I can indicate
this by saying 'RuntimeException+' but I am not able to do so for 'after
throwing' advice. Any alternatives, ideas? Thank you very much

-Arvind