Re: [aspectj-users] How to remove "abstract" with AspectJ?

Andy Clement wrote:

> I see what you are saying though, that by ensuring there is a complete
> implementation of all the missing methods, AspectJ could consider the
> type no longer abstract, but I would need to think about it a little
> more.  I'm not sure 'abstract' is only used when there are methods
> that are abstract, there are other situations when you might want to
> use it where, for example, you just want to prevent construction of
> that type.

Thanks Andy.

I'm sure there are other purposes of "abstract". But in my case, I
consciously explicitly want my abstract class to de-abstract-ize itself.
i.e. I'm simply using it to avoid typecasts while using @AspectJ
annotations. And I'm still happy even if this de-abstract-izing will only be
supported in build-time weaving.

Yes I'm using it with annotation style (there's no problem with code style
here).

Shouldn't this be something that AspectJ supports?

-----
http://www.Soluvas.com/ Soluvas - Making eCommerce Work for You