[aspectj-users] Code Analysis Tools and AOP

Hi everyone,

I have a problem using code analysis tools such as findbugs, checkstyle etc.
on a project that uses ITDs.
Since the tools cannot "see" the compile-time woven code from the ITDs I get
a lot of false positives.

E.g.
Class Foo has fields bar and baz, whose java-bean getters and setters are
defined in an ITD.
Now when I run a code analysis tool (in this case I think it is checkstyle
generating the error) I get
a false positive saying, that the fields bar and baz are unused private
variables.

I have
http://old.nabble.com/Sonar-Code-Analysis-an-Aspects-to27590436.html#a27591785
already discussed this  with Freddy Mallet from the codehaus sonar project
and the only solution so far seems to disable checks for classes using ITDs.
When you use Spring Roo (like I do) which makes heavy use of ITDs this
"solution" will not get you
very far in terms of having a good analysis of your codebase.

Couldn't this somehow be done via a "copy the classes and push-in the ITDs"
refactoring every time before the analysis tools are run? Any ideas if this
is feasible using maven or ant?

kind regards
Til